Who We Are
Owned by the Italian Frandino Group and originally founded in the 1950s as a fruit distillery, Sedamyl has grown to become one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of wheat derivatives such as starches, sweeteners, proteins and alcohol for major food and industrial sectors worldwide. In 2012 the group expanded its international presence by opening a plant in Selby, UK.
What We Do
Sedamyl UK, uses Yorkshire-grown wheat in its production, which is purchased from a network in excess of 1,000 local farmers, so providing a valuable and sustained revenue stream. The announcement in 2021 to invest a further £80m in expanding both its distilling and liquid sweetener production, significantly boosts an already growing workforce to around 150 employees, creating in excess of 75 new jobs for the area.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Financial Assistant to join our grown finance team. Working as part of a small team you will be involved in all aspects of finance related tasks, including preparing, processing, and monitoring both the purchasing and sales ledgers. Assisting with credit control duties, monitoring, and processing internal expenditure including expenses. Ensuring that payments due (sales & purchases) are processed / received in a timely manner. This role will also provide support to the broader accounts department and other areas of the business as required.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing all general administration duties within the finance function, whilst being responsible for correspondence to customers and suppliers. Maintaining the electronic and paper filing systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Logging all financial data in an accurate and timely manner, including invoices, statements, remittance advice etc.
- Processing BACS payments, including international payments
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly VAT returns
- Providing support for suppliers and customers with finance related enquiries
- Processing expenses payments & credit card transactions
- Producing regular customer statements/invoices and dispatching within the agreed time frame
- Dealing with all customer invoice/statement queries in a professional and efficient manner
- Reconciling the ledger on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Chasing outstanding payments with customers in an appropriate and efficient manner
- Processing remittance payments on the SAP system
- Receiving and verifying invoices, reconciling with purchase order on SAP
- Entering invoice data on to the SAP system accurately and in a timely manner
- Preparing and processing invoices for payment
- Processing supplier payments within the agreed time frame
- Keeping the system master data up to date
- Processing and monitoring of supplier down payments
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Financial Controller
- Providing cover in the absence of colleagues, this may be required within other departments
Skills and Knowledge
- Recognized accounts industry qualification
- At least three (3) years accounts experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience of work on SAP/Sage systems
- Proactive communication skills both verbal and written, with a strong customer focus and ‘can do attitude’
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Must be computer literate (MS-Office/Outlook)
- Team Player
Working Hours & Salary:
Salary depending on experience
40-hour week Monday – Friday
32 holidays per year including Bank Holidays
Generous Pension Scheme
Private Healthcare Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme