Who We Are
Owned by the Italian Frandino Group and originally founded in the 1950s as a fruit distillery, Sedamyl has grown to become one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of wheat derivatives such as starches, sweeteners, proteins and alcohol for major food and industrial sectors worldwide. In 2012 the group expanded its international presence by opening a plant in Selby, UK.
What We Do
Sedamyl UK, uses Yorkshire-grown wheat in its production, which is purchased from a network in excess of 1,000 local farmers, so providing a valuable and sustained revenue stream. The announcement in 2021 to invest a further £80m in expanding both its distilling and liquid sweetener production, significantly boosts an already growing workforce to around 150 employees, creating in excess of 75 new jobs for the area.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Goods in/out operative to join our growing Logistics team. Working within our Logistics department front office, you will play an integral part in ensure seamless and efficient co-ordination of all incoming and outgoing deliveries and transport to/from the site. In addition, you will be required to retrieve samples and conduct tests on materials delivered/dispatched to/from site.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out various administrative tasks using SAP, including preparing and handling all relevant documentation
- Undertake sampling/testing of materials delivered or dispatched to/from site, in accordance with agreed procedures whilst maintaining a computerised record of results obtained
- Organise incoming and outgoing loading schedules in collaboration with the Scheduler
- Compile all paperwork dedicated to load including DGNs’, Weighbridge tickets, cleaning certs and CMRs’
- Provide safe access/egress and control of vehicles/personnel for the Selby site
- Monitor and assist in outward loading and offloading of goods and materials as required for the site.
- Ensure compliance with all Custom & Excise, GMP, FEMAS, Quality and AD regulations and instructions
- Actively participate in company quality, safety, and environmental programmes
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience of working within a demanding and fast paced Logistics department
- Proven ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and work with limited supervision as required
- Ability to operate SAP and PC based computer systems is preferable
- Proactive communication skills both verbal and written, with a strong customer focus and ‘can do attitude’
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Must be computer literate (MS-Office/Outlook)
- Work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary relevant to experience
32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Generous Pension Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme
Healthcare scheme available after one year service
Appropriate PPE and workwear are provided