Who We Are
Owned by the Italian Frandino Group and originally founded in the 1950s as a fruit distillery, Sedamyl has grown to become one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of wheat derivatives such as starches, sweeteners, proteins and alcohol for major food and industrial sectors worldwide. In 2012 the group expanded its international presence by opening a plant in Selby, UK.
What We Do
Sedamyl UK, uses Yorkshire-grown wheat in its production, which is purchased from a network in excess of 1,000 local farmers, so providing a valuable and sustained revenue stream. The announcement in 2021 to invest a further £80m in expanding both its distilling and liquid sweetener production, significantly boosts an already growing workforce to around 150 employees, creating in excess of 75 new jobs for the area.
What we are looking for
We are seeking several experienced Controls & Automation Engineers to join our rapidly expanding plant where all electrical/control systems are designed and managed onsite.
You will form part of our Controls/Automation Team and will be involved in all day-to-day electrical and PLC/SCADA activities. Using your range of skills and knowledge, you will carry out both Factory and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT/SAT), work in collaboration with the Engineering Team to resolve PLC/SCADA issues and make modifications as required. Using multiple software packages including CAD, you will draw both electric diagrams as well as system design, produce all necessary documentation required to fulfil operational business needs, whilst also contributing to the success of future projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ PLC and SCADA integration experience, preferably Siemens S7-300/S7-1500 (Step 7 and TIA) PLC and Wonderware SCADA systems gained within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in electric diagram design using CAD Software Engineer
- Ability to develop PLC code and SCADA from scratch
- Knowledge of PLC Fault Finding, IO Testing and FAT/SAT commissioning
- Experience in commissioning / ensuring the Plant is operational, setting up VFDs and control panel tests
- Excellent working knowledge of control systems and integration with subsystems
- Proven track record of developing and implementing standard operating procedures and other support documentation to assist electricians in rapid diagnosis and return to service
- Strong basic computing skills including MS office, Windows 10
- Competent team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understand the need to performs all duties without injury to self, others, or the environment, adhering to all company policies & procedures
- Ability to share knowledge and mentor others/juniors as applicable
Reward & Benefits:
40-hour week Monday – Friday 08:30-17:00 plus overtime
32 holidays per year including Bank Holidays
Generous Pension Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme
Healthcare scheme available after one year service