What we are looking for
We are looking for an Energy Engineer to support the continual growth and development of our manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Head of Engineering & Projects, you will be responsible for finding efficient, clean and innovative ways to supply energy. You will be a highly motivated technical engineer with energy experience, with excellent organization skills and the ability to drive renewable energy forward.
- Design, develop and build renewable energy technologies.
- Combine renewable energy production with existing power systems.
- Arrange new supplies and negotiate tariffs with fuel providers.
- Carry out site inspections and energy surveys and lead on energy audits.
- Design, maintenance, and verification of the operation of renewable energy production plants (photovoltaic, biogas engines and hydroelectric power plants).
- Use mathematical and computer models to complete design and specification calculations.
- Carry out lab experiments and adapt them to large-scale industrial processes
- Prepare detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies and cost estimates.
- Check site and ground conditions for the installation of renewable technologies, such as wind turbines.
- Negotiate service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues.
- Management of relationships with external bodies such as(Customs, Distribution Managers, ARERA, various Authorities).
- Keep up to date with legislation and environmental standards and make sure systems and processes comply.
- Develop technical expertise in all matters to do with energy and environment.
- Be responsible for driving a NetZero agenda.
Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in Energy Engineering, Electrical or similar content
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Interest in energy markets
- Basic knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent communication skills