Who We Are
Owned by the Italian Frandino Group and originally founded in the 1950s as a fruit distillery, Sedamyl has grown to become one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of wheat derivatives such as starches, sweeteners, proteins and alcohol for major food and industrial sectors worldwide. In 2012 the group expanded its international presence by opening a plant in Selby, UK.
What We Do
Sedamyl UK, uses Yorkshire-grown wheat in its production, which is purchased from a network in excess of 1,000 local farmers, so providing a valuable and sustained revenue stream. The announcement in 2021 to invest a further £80m in expanding both its distilling and liquid sweetener production, significantly boosts an already growing workforce to around 150 employees, creating in excess of 75 new jobs for the area.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Process Engineer to support the continual growth and development of our manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be actively involved in all aspects of improving of our end-to-end production process and future site projects. You will be a highly motivated process engineer with excellent organization skill and the ability to drive projects forward.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Continuously improve the onsite performance optimising the power consumption, plant output and reliability, and raw material usage, and environmental sustainability
- Identify area of improvement, prepare, and implement schedules, and programmes to action improvement activities
- Perform process optimisation, troubleshooting and capital improvement projects from initial feasibility studies, inception, installation, testing and completion
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on all levels to improve current processes and develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Monitor performance, analysing data and reporting opportunities for improvement
- Determine root cause of plant issues and implement sustainable countermeasures in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Responsible for the safety and quality standard compliance of area
- Create and review standard operating procedures, risk assessment documentation, and implement the quality management system
- Actively anticipate/identify production related problems and plan remedial actions
- Assist with general duties associated with a busy expanding production site
- Actively contribute towards the sites Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability objects and targets
- Support the implementation of a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) of all repairs, servicing, and modifications to equipment
- Undertake other duties as reasonably requested
Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in chemical/process engineering or similar engineering discipline or equivalent
- Proven strong technical/process engineering knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering/process principles and techniques
- Industry knowledge in food and beverage processing would be considered an advantage
- Good understanding of manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Hands on approach to work with the ability to react well to change in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues
- Strong and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Very strong collaborative skills
- Willingness to join out of hours on call rota
Working Hours & Salary
Salary depending on experience
40-hour week Monday – Friday plus on-call on rota
32 holidays per year including Bank Holidays
Generous Pension Scheme
Private Healthcare Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme