back to previous page
We manufacture high quality GMO-free starches from wheat for a range of applications in the food industry.
Starch is a polymeric carbohydrate (several thousand units of glucose) arranged in linear chains (known as amylose) or in branched structures (known as amylopectin). It is naturally present in the vast majority of plants where it acts as an energy store. Next to their nutritional and energy value, starches have a number of useful properties in food applications.
SEDASTAR is our native wheat food starch. It appears as a white fine powder with neutral odour and taste.
- Bulking agent
- Water binder and stabilizer
- Sensorial properties optimizer (mouthfeel, visual, viscosity)
- Bakery products
- Soups & sauces
- Meat and fish
- Batters and coatings
- Dairy products
SEDATHIN is our acid thinned wheat food starch. It appears as a white fine powder with neutral odour and taste.
- Decrease hot paste viscosity (smooth processability at depositing step)
- Provide a high-end viscosity (to achieve targeted final texture)
- Reduced thickening
- Excellent gel strength & film formation
- Increase gel clarity
- Improve pumping
- Gums and Jellies